Sunday 12-11-2006, 3-5pm
A.M.Qattan Foundation - Ramallah
Introduction in Medsecreen Program
by: Aude Erenberk
Operationnal Co-ordinator of the Euro-Mediterranean partnership for EUROPA CINEMAS
Support Programme for the Promotion of Films from the Arab Countries and Territories of the MEDA Region (2006-2008)
Within the framework of the Euromed Audiovisual Program of the European Union, the Med-Screen project aims to promote the cinema of the 8 Arab countries of the MEDA Region. The objective is to make these works more visible in the partner countries, and to increase their chances of being marketed. Med-Screen proposes the following actions:
- Organizing “Arab Film Weeks” in movie theatres throughout the MEDA region, or in Europe, preferably in partnership with festivals or organizations.
- Giving Arab films’ right-holders the chance to be present in the main film markets in order to increase their chances of being purchased and commercially released.
- Giving Arab films’ DVD producers the means for better publicity, namely by buying more advertisement space and increasing the number of languages available on DVDs to make them accessible to a larger public.
- Creating and distributing the “Making of” of Arab films in two formats: A short version to act as film promotion on the Internet, and a long version to be proposed to DVD producers as a bonus feature for the DVD release for the film.
- Creating a website on Arab cinema, which will serve as a tool for professionals in the field.